DSM Environmental Services, Inc. (DSM) has provided environmental, engineering and hydrogeological consulting services to industry clients since 1989. DSM is based in Houston, Texas and is staffed with senior professionals that have provided engineering and consulting services across the United States. DSM is unique in that it provides most services for Lump Sum Fees rather than under a time-and materials contract. This removes the consultant’s pressure of trying to maximize profits by billing more hours and allows DSM to truly work in the client’s best interest.
Areas of expertise include:
- Environmental Site Audits and Assessments
- Regulatory Interpretation
- Remedial Investigations, Feasibility Studies, Design and Construction Oversight for CERCLA, RCRA and TSCA sites
- Municipal and Hazardous Waste Landfill Siting, Permitting, and Design
- Closure Plans and Certifications
- Hazardous Waste Management Services
- Comprehensive Environmental Compliance Audits, including waste characterization
- Groundwater Sampling and Monitoring
- Contaminated Groundwater and Vadose Zone Remediation Systems
- Waste Water, Process Water and Drinking Water Treatment System Design and Installation
- NPDES Permitting (Point Source and Stormwater)
- Air Services including Title V Air Permitting
- Air Stream Treatment Systems
- Hydrogeological Investigations
- Waste Minimization, Sludge Processing and Treatment Systems
- Hazardous Waste Treatment, Storage and Disposal Facility Layout, Permitting and Design
- Litigation Support
- Waste Characterization and Classification
- Preparation of Plans, Specifications and Cost Estimates
- Hazardous and Non-Hazardous Waste Processing and Treatment Facility Design, Installation and Operation
- Heavy Oil / Tank Bottom Removal, Processing and Oil Recovery Equipment System Design, Installation and Operation
- Fixed and Mobile Thermal Desorption System Equipment Design, Installation & Operation
- Water & Wastewater Treatment System Design
- Waste Minimization Investigation, Recommendations and Implementation
DSM personnel have worked for a wide variety of both governmental and industrial clients. The following is a partial list of the key clients for which work has been done.
- ALON USA
- American Ecology Corporation
- American Ecology Environmental Services Corp.
- Arco Chemical Company
- AT & T Technologies, Inc.
- AZURIX North America
- Bailey Site Settlors Committee (Superfund)
- BASF Corporation
- Bell Processing, Inc.
- Bovar Environmental, Canada
- BP Amoco Texas City Refinery
- Brown Boveri Turbomachinery
- Browning Ferris Industries
- Burlington Northern Railroad
- Champion Chemicals
- Chevron USA
- City of Bellaire, Texas
- City of Fort Worth, Texas
- City of Houston, Texas
- City of Odessa, Texas
- City of Tomball, Texas
- City of Tyler, Texas
- City of Victoria, Texas
- City of West University Place
- Coastal Corporation - Refining
- Commonwealth Oil Refining Co.
- ConocoPhillips – Bayway Refinery
- Cooper Industries
- Crown Petroleum
- Elf Atochem
- Enron Pipeline Co
- Envirosafe Services of Texas, Inc.
- Exxon Corporation
- Flow Technologies
- FINA Oil & Chemicals
- Fort Bend County
- French Limited Task Force
- Frontier Refining Co.
- General Dynamics
- Geneva Steel Co.
- Great Northern Paper
- Gulf States Utilities
- Harris County, Texas
- Houston Lighting & Power Company
- Harding Lawson Associates
- Inland Steel Company
- Kaneka, Texas
- Koch Refinery – Corpus Christi, TX
- Laidlaw Waste Systems
- Lockheed Georgia Company
- Lyondell-Citgo Refining Company
- Metropolitan Transit Authority (METRO)
- Mobil Corporation
- Morrison Knudson, Inc.
- Nationwide Equipment Rentals
- Nelson Industrial Steam Co.
- Northwoods Baptist Church
- O’Rourke Petroleum
- Petco, inc.
- Phillips Petroleum Company
- Royal Mobile Home Park
- Sheridan Disposal Services
- Statia Terminals
- Star Enterprise
- Superior Oil Co.
- Tenneco Pipeline Co.
- Tetra Process Services, L.C.
- Tetra Technologies
- Texas Area Chemical Plant, Pasadena
- Texas City Port Authority
- Texas Department of Transportation
- Texas Eastern Pipeline Co.
- Texas Ecologists
- Texas Electric Coop
- Texaco, Inc.
- Tradebe International
- University of Texas Medical Branch
- U.S. Ecology, Inc.
- U.S. Navy
- USA Waste, Inc.
- Union Carbide
- Weatherford, Inc.
- Western Oil Processors – Alberta, Canada